The information on this website can help protect you and others from COVID-19. We encourage you to share the information with the people you know.
Click here to visit various sites for foreigners (jump to the relevant part in the page).
１ Request for Infection Prevention to Save Your Life and Health
The PDF file contains information on steps you can take to protect yourself from COVID-19 and how to receive treatment if you have it. Feel free to download it and use it in your place of work.
２ How to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
（１）Keep your distance from others.
（２）Wear a mask as much as possible.
- Use a mask/handkerchief when coughing or sneezing.
（３）Wash your hands with soap or hand sanitizer.
- When entering a shop or other indoor facilities, use an alcohol-based sanitizer to disinfect your hands and fingers.
（４）Do not eat from shared plates. Have your food served on individual plates.
- When eating in a large group, do not talk in a loud voice with someone who is sitting close to you.
（５）Avoid gathering in narrow and small spaces.
- If it cannot be avoided, make sure to keep the space ventilated by keeping the doors or windows open.
（６）Do not share cigarettes or drinks with others.
（７）Wear a mask when going on a long trip with friends in the same vehicle.
- Do not forgot to let fresh air into the vehicle every so often.
（８）If you have a fever, inform your workplace or school and stay home.
- Do not meet or go out with your friends while you have a fever.
- Wear a mask even at home to prevent your family from getting infected.
（９）Contact your local hospital if you have a high fever and cough.
- If you do not understand Japanese, you can contact the Mie Consultation Center for Foreign Residents (MieCo) for assistance.
- The COVID-19 test is 9,000 yen or 3,000 yen if you have medical insurance.
- If you need to be hospitalized, it will cost around 20,000 yen.
- Please contact the hospital directly for more information about the treatment cost.
３ If you have COVID-19:
（１）Truthfully and accurately answer the questions from your local public health center.
- The health center wishes to protect you and your family’s health.
- No one from the public health center will be angry with you for getting COVID-19.
（２）Stay at home and do not go outdoors until it is time to go to the hospital.
（３）Your family and friends will have to self-isolate at home for approximately 2 weeks.
４ Links to information on COVID-19
If you can understand Japanese, please refer to the Mie Prefectural Government’s COVID-19 website.
“MIE INFO” – Website offering information on Mie Prefecture
The website provides information about living in Mie Prefecture in 7 languages including English.
【Information on COVID-19】
This webpage provides news on COVID-19 in Mie Prefecture.
AMDA International Medical Information Center
This center offers free over the phone medical consultations and translation services.
【Medical Information and Advice Phone Service】
You can call to find out about where COVID-19 testing and consultations take place in your area.
- 【Hours of Operation】Monday to Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. / Saturday/Sunday/Public Holidays：10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Mie International Exchange Foundation (MIEF)
Provides local information to foreign residents living in Mie Prefecture.
Mie Consultation Center for Foreign Residents “MieCo”
Provides consultation on daily matters such as work, medical treatment, social welfare, childbirth, childcare and education.
- 【Hours of Operation】
Monday to Friday and Sundays 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Closed on Saturdays and public holidays
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare's "COVID-19" Website
A multilingual website on COVID-19 provided by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare.
Contains information on how to protect yourself from COVID-19.
Information Related to COVID-19 from the Ministry of Justice
Website on COVID-19 provided by the Ministry of Justice (Japanese and English only).
Contains information on COVID-19 entry and exit procedures.
COVID-19 Information and Resources from the Cabinet Secretariat
A multilingual website on COVID-19 provided by the Cabinet Secretariat.
Contains information on the Japanese Government’s COVID-19 policies and measures.
【Various posters on preventing the spread of COVID-19 (Available in 17 languages)】
You can view and download posters on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in English.
５ Downloadable Posters and Leaflets
All posters and leaflets can be used free of charge.
Poster in Simple Japanese (One sided)
Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
（２）Leaflet in 7 Languages (Double sided)
Sample image (front/back)