Reasons for choosing Mie to hold MICE
- Mie has a rich history, tradition and nature.
Prime Minister Abe said at a G7 Summit press conference, “I imagine you have had the opportunity to enjoy the charms of Japan’s heartland areas, beautiful inlets, a wealth of natural beauty, delicious seafood and delicacies of the mountain region.”
Shima city and Toba city are home to more than half of women divers, known as Ama, in Japan. The Ama huts, where you can enjoy seafood barbeque, are very popular for foreign tourists recently.
Mie is the birth place of the Ninja. You can enjoy a real Ninja Performance in Iga city.
- Ise Jingu, the home of the heart of the Japanese people.
Prime Minister Abe said at a G7 Summit press conference, “Whenever I encounter the dignified atmosphere in the solemn setting of the Ise Jingu, I always have a very sobering feeling. The Ise Jingu has a long history of over 2,000 years. At this sacred site, people have offered prayers for bountiful harvests, for peace, and for happiness.”
- The food in Mie is an excellent example of traditional Japanese washoku cuisine.
Mie is famous for the Japanese spiny lobster, abalone, Matsusaka beef (one of the top brands of beef in Japan) and several varieties of sake.
Promotion Movie/Travel Guide
Convention Subsidy ProgramThe Mie Prefectural Government offers a subsidy for convention organizers of international meetings.
- Maximum subsidy amount: 1,000,000 yen
- Total number of participants from overseas × 10,000 yen
- Total number of domestic participants × 3,000 yen
- The meeting will be held in Mie prefecture.
- At least 50 or moreparticipants.
- There must be participants from at least 2 different foreign countries.
Convention(Conference) FacilitiesWe will offer the most suitable venue for your planned event.
Unique VenuesWe will help you discover venues that are unique to Mie. Please feel free to contact us.
We will help you find unique and attractive entertainment options that are unique to Mie. Please feel free to contact us. Click here to read more.
We will help you find exciting excursion ideas in Mie. Please feel free to contact us. Click here to read more.
ContactFor more information, please contact us.
MICE Promotion Supervisor
Tourism Bureau of Mie Prefectural Government